I hope your weekend was stress free and your were able to get in some quality time with yourself. As breast cancer awareness and Domestic Violence Awareness continues to affect the lives of those around us, in addition to life’s everyday woes, it is imperative that we give more of ourselves. Small acts become great and the world is changed as a result of just one act. As you go through your day and everyday here after, first acknowledge that you are blessed and in return, consciously make an effort to do the following:
- Be a Blessing to others. Simple acts have great impacts! Try holding a door for someone behind you. Ask an annoying co-worker if you can help in any way.
- Dismiss Judgement. There is no one on this earth who is perfect…God is the one and only! It’s easy for us to become so angry as a result of one’s actions BUT remember, ALL have fallen short yet we were and will be forgiven. Just pray for that person. Lord, knows that I am thankful for those who pray for me…SUPPORT!
- Man-Up and Speak Up. With so much wrong going on in the world, advocating should be second nature. Right is Right, Wrong is Wrong.
- Embrace the idea of being Peculiar. Focus on standing for Truth and Love rather than familiarity and ease. Those who strive to fit in are weak and can’t be trusted.
- Act Like You Know Who is the Head of Your Life. There is nothing more sad than a person who fails to acknowledge his or her faith and strength. There is ALWAYS an opportunity to share your strength and testimony. When you fail to do so, you fail to prove that you are worthy and mature enough to handle grace, mercy, and favor.
“Every Champion was once a contender that refused to give up.” ~ Rocky Balboa