As I maneuver through my days, I try to consciously direct and redirect my thoughts toward all things positive and remembering the sole purpose behind my efforts, even if the meantime is discouraging and stressful. Stress is often caused by a lack of clarity. Many times, I lack clarity when I am faced with a decision that must be made but have no clue where to start. Other times, it seems as if I have been working all day, yet I feel unproductive. As a result, I feel overwhelmed. So, as I continue my journey on a path to clarity, I realized that I must come to terms with the following:
- What is unclear to me right now?
- What specific information or activity will give me clarity?
- Who or what resources do I need in order to get that clarity?
- What decision will clarity empower me to make?
- Why is that decision important for me right now?
“My interest is in the future because I am going to spend the rest of my life there.” ~ Charles Kettering